chicken, roughly 3 to three 1/2 pounds, reduce 10 pieces (or use a mixture of thighs and drumsticks)
three or four
tablespoons kosher salt, more when needed
teaspoons ground pepper, more when needed
cups all-purpose flour
cups peanut oil, lard or perhaps a neutral oil like canola, more when needed
- Place chicken pieces inside a bowl and toss all of them with buttermilk, two tablespoons salt along with a healthy grind of pepper. Cover and marinate not less than an hour or so and as much as each day.
- Combine flour, 1 tablespoon salt and a pair of teaspoons pepper inside a large bowl or, ideally, a paper bag big enough to support the flour and also the bits of chicken.
- Pour oil right into a large, heavy-bottomed cast-iron skillet rich in sides along with a lid, to some depth of the couple of inches. Heat oil over medium-high temperature to 350 levels.
- Set a rack on the baking sheet or tray. Put the chicken pieces within the paper bag full of the flour mixture and shake well to coat, or toss them within the bowl using the flour mixture to attain an identical result.
- Get rid of excess flour and fry the bits of chicken skin-side lower, in batches so they won’t crowd the pan, for around 5 to fifteen minutes, taught in lid. Take away the lid, start the chicken pieces, and prepare for around 5 to fifteen minutes more, uncovered, until they’re cooked through along with a deep golden brown. Color is really as or even more important than time: Be careful about your chicken and obtain it when it is golden brown.
- Remove chicken towards the rack to empty and rest, sprinkle with salt and serve warm or at 70 degrees.
How to Make Crispy Fried Chicken – Cooking With Melissa Clark | The New York Times
ruzzell907: After many years I still go back to old Melissa Clark cooking videos.
equallywrong: the editor for this video was awesome.
wifimanboy: a white lady teaching me how to make fried chicken.. uh.. no thanks
Faikah Ismail: R u frying the chicken or burn the chicken?
reinaskye: Thanks racist, what would the world be without you.
haaya123: just like i like it
nicholas9999: wow, that looks amazing!!\n
kneegrowlol: dont forget the black people
Rene Bjørnskov: So this is how to make shitty fast food yourself
TheZarbodShow: That looks amazing!
Comments are closed here.