Each spring, Austin area chicken keepers open their backyards towards the public to demonstrate their chickens and their urban coops throughout the Funky Chicken House Tour. 2010 tour happens on Saturday, Apr. 4, and if you are looking at keeping chickens in your backyard, this is when you’ll get the product specifications. You are able to begin your day as soon as 8:15 a.m. having a stop by Coop Tour Headquarters at Sunshine Community Gardens free of charge occasions including classes, educational booths, a chicken puppet show for children and much more. You’ll be able to take yourself-led tour of coops around Austin from 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
–> Schedule of FREE Occasions at Sunshine Gardens on Saturday, Apr. 4:
- 8:15 a.m. — Tour HQ opens to public
- 8:30 a.m. — Booths open
- 8:30 a.m. — Getting Began with Chickens, presented by Cameron Molberg of Coyote Creek Organic Feed Mill
- 9:30 a.m. -10:30 a.m. — Home Composting class. Obtain a free compost collection pail!
- 10:30 a.m. -11:30 a.m. — Chickens within the Garden, presented by Louise-Nicole Hoffman of Compost Coalition
- 12 p.m. — Chicken BIG puppet show for children, a manufacture of Literature LIVE! from the Austin Public Library. Performance susceptible to climate conditions.
- 1:30 p.m. — Booths close. Individuals are thanks for visiting still purchase coop viewing tickets until 4 p.m.
- 4:00 p.m. — Tour HQ at Sunshine Community Gardens closes (and Tour ends at coops anywhere).
–> Tickets for that Funky Chicken House Tour:
The self-led tour happens from 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. Tickets is going to be $10/person on tour day and $8/part of advance for a long time 13 and also over. You can buy tickets online here. Children 12 and under have the freedom! To see the locations of coops around the tour, click the link.
Benefit from the tour!
Austin Funky Chicken Coop 2012 tour|Central Texas Gardener
Comments are closed here.