Discover in which the eggs have been in Alameda about this informative annual self-led bike tour of backyard chicken coops as you like a bicycle ride around “The Island.”
Alameda Backyard Chicken House Cycling Tour
Sunday, May 7, 2017 1-4 pm (sharp)
Alameda’s urban chicken coops vary from humble to large and each year the general public is asked in the future take particular notice, become familiar with a little about raising backyard chickens (and perhaps bees and vegetable plots), and merely take pleasure in the glory from the avian buddies.
- Visit as couple of or as numerous stops as you wish, in almost any order. Cycling or walking is strongly encouraged.
- Don’t get to any stops before 1 pm or after 4 pm.
- Obey all traffic laws and regulations. Bicyclists are susceptible to exactly the same legal rights and responsibilities as vehicle motorists.
- Private residences aren’t available to the general public. Restrooms can be found at See Place Run (2510 Santa Clara Ave)
- Take the own water bottle (and spare change for lemonade and cookie stands)
- Be sincere by not picking any fruit or vegetables within the gardens from the tour hosts.
Backyard Chicken Coop Tour – The easy way to feed and clean.
Vee Mack: I really like that you used a very small area so well. Thats great seeing that there isn't very many people that think like that!!
Vee Mack: wear a dust mask lol
Kristi Baker: How often do you have to clean your coop?"
Cary Peterson: I clean it out every other month, but in the winter I have thrown down wood chips to extend to milder day. Probably I could get away with cleaning it out every 3-6 months but it would end up smelling a little and it is pretty close to the house so my wife would probably not let me get away with it.
enotsnairb: Could share your feeder design?
Cary Peterson: I will do that, thanks for the suggestion.
Joey Signa: Looks great!
Cary Peterson: Thanks!!!!
Comments are closed here.